10 Things I hate about the Flames and Hockey in General.
10) I hate it that the players that are taking the shootout have to wear their helmets. Come on, we've ALL seen the players without their helmets and if they get hurt doing a SHOOT OUT...they probably shouldn't be playing in the NHL.
9) The home jersey's being dark. They should be white! The black jerseys make me think of the bad team...come on, give us our real jerseys back.
8) Crosby. Stop whining bitch. Play hockey and play it with a smile or a grimace, but if I see you whine to the refs one more time I'M going to come to Pittsburgh and kick your white ass all the way back to Nova Scotia.
7) Dion Phaneuf fans. Sure, the kid is a good defenseman. Is he the second coming of Pronger/Niedermayer/Stevens. No. Get off it. He was a liability during the playoffs and THAT'S one of the reasons why they lost. Ha.
6) No touch up icing. Hasn't the NHL seen enough injuries? Obviously not.
5) The Calgary Flames. Enough said.
4) Know it all fans who think they're God's gift to trivia. Yeah well, I know which OHL team has sent the most players to the NHL and who scored the three fastest goals in the history of the NHL. You don't hear me drunkenly bragging to everyone in my section, or in the room. By the way, its the Petes and Bill Mosienko of the Blackhawks.
3) Prima Donna players who don't want to deal with fans.
2) Darryl Sutter. I'll give him credit where credit is due, but he isn't the best coach in the NHL or the best GM.
1) Bandwagon fans. So really, 90% of Calgary. I remember when you could get Flames tickets the night of the game. And now, because they're winning you pay an arm, leg and your first born child. Screw all of you "fans".
Now here comes my major peeve. The Schrempians. Yes, all of us know them. They hide within our social groups, quiet and unsuspecting, and then when you least expect it.
"Schremp should be the number one centre for the Oilers"
Let's get it straight. I don't particularly care for Schremp, but I don't hate him. If he shows he can compete at an NHL level right out of Jrs, good on him. Do I think he can?
I may eat my words after, but I think that he should play at least part of the year in the AHL. We have stregnth through the centre so I really don't see him cracking the top two. Whatever. I'm too sore to care right now.